Taipei, Taiwan, 3 May 2015 – Poland’s Piotr Lobodzinski led a European clean sweep of the top two men’s podium places at the Taipei 101 Run Up, Sunday, in a time of eleven minutes and eight seconds.
The race saw reigning VWC champion Lobodzinski climb clear of Italian Emanuele Manzi, with local hero Guo Jun Gu finishing in third place.
Lobodzinski adds the Taipei title to his wins in this year's Shelter Vertical Rush in London and last year’s China World Summit Wing Hotel Vertical Run in Beijing.
In the women's race, favourite Suzy Walsham of Australia, won easily in 13 minutes and 16 seconds.
Walsham, also the reigning VWC champion, climbed to victory won by over a minute from Poland’s Dominika Wiszniewska-Ulfik in a time of 14 minutes 29 and seconds.
Italian Cristina Bonacina, third in 15 minutes and 59 seconds and now leads the VWC ranking after scoring in New York and London.
Celebrating its eleventh anniversary, the Taipei 101 Run Up hosted more than 4,500 participants from 38 countries.
Look out for the next leg of the Vertical World Circuit on May 29 in Paris with the VertiGo where the world’s top runners will battle for points for the 2015 Vertical World Circuit champion title and prizes, awarded in December at the grand finale in Hong Kong.
- VWC heads for Taipei 101
- Majcen and Reid Climb to Victory at Hanoi Vertical Run
- Vertical World Circuit heads to Hanoi Exhibition Race
- Top skyscraper racers ascend London’s Tower 42
- It's a Vertical Rush up Tower 42
- Riedl and Walsham winners in New York
- 2015 Vertical World Circuit announced
- Walsham & Lobodzinski world champions at Hong Kong final
- Skyscraper racers head for VWC grand finale
- Walsham and Bourne fly in Shanghai
- Victory goes to Lobodzinski and Hahner in Brazil's Corrida Vertical
- Western China’s tallest tower race - Dold and Xue winners
- Walsham and Lobodzinski winners in Beijing
- Beijing is back - China World Summit Wing
- Men’s record falls in Benidorm - siblings Llorens winners
- VertiGO victory for Walsham and Lobodzinski - records tumble
- Ready for VertiGO?
- Taipei 101 – Bourne and Belotti repeat last year’s win
- VWC heads for Taipei
- Walsham takes fifth NY win - Norwegian Ludvigsen wins men's title
- 2014 VWC announced
- Australians Walsham and Bourne are VWC World Champions
- Countdown to VWC final on Hong Kong’s ICC Tower
- Suzy Walsham & Mark Bourne winners in Singapore
- Vertical World Circuit heads for Singapore
- VWC final announced on Hong Kong’s ICC Tower
- World Champions win 2nd Hanoi Vertical Run
- Star-studded Hanoi Vertical Run
- Dold and Walsham triumph on Beijing’s tallest tower
- World class line-up for Beijing’s first tower race
- Bourne and Belotti winners at Taipei
- Walsham and Lobodzinski Basel winners
- VWC - New York victory is all-Australian
- New York kicks off 2013 Vertical World Circuit